We offer several popular roofing material finishes.
For flat roofs:
- Duro-Last Membrane. This is long-lasting vinyl sheet with an integrated fascia.
For sloping roofs:
- Composite Shingles
- Standing Metal Seam
About Flat Roofs
In the Bay Area, a flat roof is the lowest cost and often most suitable as we have no snow considerations, but we often have height and view limits. We recommend single membrane roof finishes such as Duro-Last. Our roofs have a slight slope to throw rainwater away from the door, but we do not need rainwater gutters.
Popular Roofing Materials
Tyvek Protec 200 Roof Underlayment
Tyvek Protec 160 Roof Underlayment is the ideal product to be placed over the plywood roof, before the finish is applied. It can be used for both flat and sloping roofs. The product is easy for one person to manage and is available at Amazon and local building supply companies.
Tyvek Protec 160 Roof Underlayment 4′ x 50′ roll covers 2 Square. the 4′ x 50′ roll size is more manageable for a one man job, for those smaller projects, or when only a few more square are needed. With its industry-leading walk-ability, it is ideal for slopes 2:12 or higher and can be used under a variety of roofing materials, including asphalt shingles, cedar, metal roof cladding, tile or slate. The four-layer construction offers high performance with a slip resistant coating gripping it to the roof, woven polypropylene giving it strength, a water barrier layer, and grooves on the top layer expelling water and dirt to provide a safer work environment. It is wrinkle-free, easy to chalk, protects the roof during installation as a moisture barrier and withstands UV exposure for up to 6 months. It is trusted protection that can give both professional builders and homeowners greater peace of mind.
- Compatible with roof types of asphalt shingles, cedar shingles, metal, tile and slate roofs.
- 40-year limited product replacement warranty for builders, general contractors and Professional installers
- UV-resistance with up to 6-months UV exposure per ASTM D226 Type I & II, ICC-ES AC188; Intertek approved (CCRR-1062), ASTM E108 Class “A” fire rating
- Wrinkle-free, easy to chalk and Industry-leading walkability
- Offers durability and high-performance under even the most demanding conditions
Roofing – Sloping – Shingles
Laminated shingles have a warm, inviting look in popular colors for a step up from traditional 3-tab shingles. Oakridge shingles are designed to provide long-lasting performance and striking beauty. In addition to a wide range of inviting, popular colors, they also offer the following features and benefits.
- Limited lifetime warranty (for as long as you own your home)
- 110 MPH wind resistance limited warranty
- Great looks and protection that will last for many years
- Serve as the first layer of defense against the forces of nature, they also help define the character of your home
Roofing – Low Slope – Bitumen Membrane
For professional application – a strong, resilient membrane that is suitable roofing as well as for use as flashing. This membrane contains a core of nonwoven polyester mat that resists splits and tears. The mat is coated with durable app modified bitumen, surfaced with granules and is designed for torch-down application by professional roofing contractors.
GAF Tri-ply app Granule is a strong, resilient membrane that is suitable roofing as well as for use as flashing. This membrane contains a core of nonwoven polyester mat that resists splits and tears. The mat is coated with durable app modified bitumen, surfaced with granules and is designed for torch-down application by professional roofing contractors. Available in rolls 39.625″ wide.Requires #75 base sheet membrane underlay.
This is not recommended as a Do-It-Yourself roof.
- Granule surfacing protects against weathering
- Meets ASTM D6222, type I, grade G
- FM approved
- UL classified
- Miami-Dade county product control approved
Roofing – Sloping – Metal
Ideal for YardPods in all locations of the USA, this lightweight metal panel is easy to install and protects your investment beautifully and affordably. Available in a wide variety of profiles, colors and lengths. The common Classic Rib has a low profile rib height of 3/4 in. and is designed for attachment to the roof substrate with fasteners that penetrate the face of the panel. Fastener heads feature a gasket that prevents leaking. Classic Rib also provides you with decades of worry-free service with low maintenance requirements.
Because of high oil prices, there is little cost difference between asphalt shingles and metal roofing systems. Asphalt derives from petroleum, so as oil prices rise, the material cost different between metal and asphalt shingles narrows. Additionally, metal roofs have many more innovative features that save homeowners money long after the initial purchase. When you factor in the long lifecycle of metal compared to asphalt shingles, homeowners are beginning to understand the true value that metal roofing brings to a home. This is a major reason why metal is the fastest growing category of roofing in the U.S.
- Lightweight, all-season steel panel is easy to install
- Virtually maintenance-free
- Resists fire, high winds, mildew, rot, pests and other damage
- Environmentally responsible choice containing a minimum 30% recycled content and is 100% recyclable
- Virtually maintenance free and resistant to mildew, rot and pests; occasional cleaning will maintain its appearance
YardPods makes no express or implied representations or warranties for the materials or accessories contained on this website. YardPods does not warranty any of the companies or individuals listed on this site. Please read our Terms and Conditions for more.