James Hardie fiber cement products are water-resistant and will protect against swelling, warping and mold damage. It is resistant to insects and animals and is fire-resistant. The products are much lower-maintenance than equivalent wood products.
HardiePanel is siding made of fiber cement which looks is textured to look like vertical wood siding, but will not rot. All HardiePanel siding comes in a variety of looks and textures, all of which are Engineered for Climate. HardieBoard siding comes with a 30-year no prorated, transferable, limited warranty.
HardieBoard is available in a number of different finishes, depending on your location. Most typically, “Select Cedarmill” and “Smooth” will be available from local suppliers. The product is 5/16″ thick, and is available in 4ft x 8ft, 4ft x 9ft and 4ft x 10ft panels.
- Resists damage from moisture
- Resists cracking, splitting, rotting and swelling
- Resists termites and insects
- Superior performance in high wind and hurricane areas
- Resists flame spread
- Complete exterior available in lap, shingle, panel, fascia, trim and soffit
- Paint lasts longer than on wood
- Pre-primed or available in ColorPlus Technology a factory applied color finish with a variety of color options