Steel Builds Great Structures
There are many reasons why steel framing has come to the forefront as one of the best and most feasible alternative building materials for residential and commercial construction. Steel is a superior construction material.
- Highest strength-to-weight ratio of any building material
- 100% recyclable
- Minimum of 25% recycled content
- Non-combustible – does not burn nor contribute fuel to the spread of a fire
- Inorganic – will not rot, warp, split, crack or creep
- Dimensionally stable – does not expand or contract with moisture content
- Less scrap and waste (2% for steel vs. 20% for lumber)
- Consistent material quality – produced in strict accordance with national standards, no regional variations
Benefits to the Consumer
There are many reasons why homeowners are turning to steel framing:
- Discounts on insurance
- Fire safety
- Not vulnerable to termites, or to any type of fungi or organism, including mold
- Less probability of foundation problems – less weight results in less movement
- Straight walls and square corners
- Stronger connections, screwed versus nailed
- High strength to weight ratio results in a stronger structure
I live in San Rafael. Do you have a showroom close by?
Thanks for asking. Yes, I have a showcase YardPod at my house in San Rafael, about a mile past Trader Joes on Point San Pedro.
Let me know if you would like to visit by emailing or calling.
Malcolm (YardPod Guy)