Second Units in the City of Dublin
Dublin refers to “Second Units” instead of ADUs. The City has produced a brochure describing its regulations.
Key design Issues:
- Maximum of one second unit per lot.
- The total floor area of a second unit shall be not less than 275 square feet, nor more than 1,200 square feet.
- The second unit shall conform to the development standards of the R-1 zoning district.
- The second unit shall provide one off-street parking space in accordance with the requirements of Chapter 8.76, Off-Street Parking and Loading, of the Zoning Ordinance, with exceptions.
- Second units shall be served by public water and sewer and shall have access to an improved public street.
- Design compatibility with the existing single-family residence.
- The entrance of a second unit shall not be visible from the street.
- The second unit and the principal residence combined shall not cover more than 60% of the lot.
- The second unit, if attached, shall not exceed 50% of the floor area of the existing residence.
- The second unit shall conform to the building setback requirements.
The Dublin Building Department can be reached here.
Leave A Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.