Our Independent Site Assessment is a smart first step in determining if a detached ADU can be built in your backyard and where it can be located
We are not tied to any Builder or Design Professional. Our goal is to help you make the best decisions based on your requirements and your property.
Here is what you’ll receive with our Independent Site Assessment:
- An on-site visit by one of our professional ADU Site Assessors, up to 2 hours.
- Discussion with you about your requirements, objectives and criteria.
- Review of local authority potential issues and concerns (if any).
- Review of access, site issues and obstructions, including trees, slopes, etc.
- Visual survey of the site, location of services, views, orientation, shade, sun path.
- Photographs and notes of the site and the finishes used in existing buildings.
- A Detailed written report that includes:
- Summary of Assessment with recommendations.
- List of problems to be overcome (if any).
- Recommended location(s)
- Suggested layout
- Suggested design type and materials
- Budget guidance
- Outline timetable
- Next step recommendations
Independent Site Assessments are currently available only in the ten SF Bay Area counties.